Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Waiting on the Lord

Hi Everyone,

While I'm in Virginia at Head Waters Lodge, I'll try to post weekly updates on this blog.

First I want to thank my church family at Calvary Chapel Palm City for helping me to get here. I'm glad that God brought me there five years ago. It's the longest I've ever been in one church, and I am thankful to have a place where I can take root and grow stronger in my walk with Christ. I want to thank you for supporting me both financially and morally in my desire to seek the Lord and to continue to grow in His ways.

While I was driving up here, a song came on the radio that I haven't heard in years. It's called "While I'm Waiting", by John Waller. I think it sums up my summer. Here are some of the lyrics, including the chorus.

"I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You Lord
And I am peaceful, I'm waiting on You Lord
Though it's not easy no, but faithfully I will wait
 
And I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I'm waiting, I will serve You
While I'm waiting, I will worship
While I'm waiting, I will not faint
I'll be running the race even while I wait."

I view this summer as a chance for me to step back from the chaos of life and to wait on the Lord and see where He wants to take me next, both spiritually and physically. While I'm waiting on Him, though, I will continue to serve Him and to worship Him. I want to continue to run the race He has set before me even while I'm in a transitional stage in life. 

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." --Romans 12:1-2 

These verses sum up my aim this summer; to learn to live in a way that is pleasing and acceptable to God, to serve Him, and to have my mind renewed so that I may be transformed and can discern the will of God. 

I'm so excited to see what the Lord will do in and through me this summer, and I'll try to keep everyone posted with how things are going and what I am learning. Thanks for reading,

~Sarah

4 comments:

  1. God has already started a marvelous work in you, Sarah. Enjoy your summer, as He continues His plan for your life. Praying for much joy in your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    I was so shocked to receive this in my email.
    I am so happy for you from what I read in the post. I would love to talk or email if you would like since we haven't seen each other in forever! We are all doing well, just busy with school. I graduated this year, which is very exciting!! I am praying about what to do next. Posbibly going off to college! IN Christ's eternal love, Sarah Spies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah! It's so nice to hear from you! I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Congratulations on graduating! I'll email you when I get a chance. (You may have to remind me.)

      Delete